Some bugfixes... Don't get many bug reports from users! I probably
introduced a lot of them with the Voacap interface!
You have to download Voacap yourself! On the options tab select the
Voacap main directory. If you accepted the default it should be
- Select date and hour
- Alpha (transparency) for the overlay
- Choose SSN (Smoothed sun spot number) See Voacap pages for
details and links.
- Number of grids to calculate. 18x18 divide the earth into slices
20 degrees east/west and 10 degrees north/south. The results are the
interpolated into a grid of 360x180.
- Ham-bands only. 3.5 to 28 Mhz.
Changes 3.0.3 - 3.0.7
A greyline function
is implemented. Choose between realtime map that updates every minute
and a one shot map.Prefix format has changed. Look at the PrefixNew.dat
(Thanks to SM5FQQ, Jan who supplied the updated file!)
The line thickness for the compass can be changed!
Now you can plot two different locator files with different colour,
hatching and transparency (one for worked and one for confirmed squares..)Plotting
now accepts 4 character locators (JP83 or JP83PE are plotted the same
User can select
background map! Plot locators from file. (Simple textfile with one
locator/row) Save file in several formats (tif,
jpg, png and many others)
Blue marble map (huge)
can be downloaded from Nasa
Look at the lower right for link to maps (20 MB download). Resize it to
max 10000 pixels wide to be able to use it
reliably in GcmWin.
Night time map here:
This program makes Great Circle
Download the zip-file and unpack it in a directory of your
The program write settings to the registry. If you want to
remove the program completely -
Erase the program files and remove the
"HKEY_USERS\" and look for "\Software\GcmWin"
overview of different map projections can be found here
pnt-files for borders (mine is very old..) can be downloaded from
All included *.pnt-files can be plotted!
Whishlist and plans:
- Sun terminator and gray-line Fixed
- Plot/Hatch squares from combo (Partly fixed in ver 3.0.5)
- Different maps for the day and night side of the earth
Didn't look nice. Better with shading...
- Use maps that don't cover the whole earth (if you want to zoom in
and plot only Europe for example)
- Connect to VoaCap for predictions (look at the screenshots page!)
- Linux version (it is usable even now with Wine!) Is
- Do you have any suggestions?? Please Email me! Address at the top!
- Can make very good looking maps in the Azumuthal Equidistant
- Very customizable
- Maps can be saved as bitmaps
- Settings are saved between sessions
- Lines and text can be transparent and coloured
- Clean and user-friendly interface
- No guarantee whatsoever that the program works
- It might even crash your computer
- Commercial use forbidden
- Since it is an Alpha version - dialogs and functionality might