Welcome to my Homepage!
Moved to http://www.qsl.net/sm3gsj
New versions will be found there!
The main reason why I got a homepage is that I have written a
program called GcmWin. You can use this program to make Great Circle maps
from any location in the world. The program has become quite popular and
it is totally free! It is now in beta stage and may be lacking some
features. You are welcome to download and test it and perhaps give some
Working on a "collision detection" for plotting text... Serial
interface (to show beam heading... difficult) and more...
New version 3.1.0 - 26 December 2009
- Real time for propagation now works
- Time got its own tab now. Sets time for both grayline and
Changes from 3.0.8 to 3.0.9 - 5 December 2009
- Vocap now works in the western and southern hemisphere.
- Icearea and Voaarea implemented
- You can set transmitter power and gain in the receive and
- You can plot color or b/w for the propagation layer
- In the toolbar you can change band for the propagation layer.
- The picture you see - is the picture that is saved. (changed
from previous version)
- The "real" time display for the propagation is not redrawing
itself. You have to manually click on create map or change band!
- Since the propagation is made on an hourly basis - 9:30 plotted
as 09:00 hours and 09:31 plotted as 10:00...
- The propagation forecast can only be made every hour (limitation
- If you have used version 3.0.8, please change directory for
voacap to "c:\itshfbc" NOT "c:\itshfbc\areadata"
Changes from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8 - 15 November 2009
Changes from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7... 20 okt 2209
- A greyline function is implemented. Choose between realtime map
that updates every minute and a one shot map.
- Prefix format has changed. Look at the PrefixNew.dat (Thanks to
SM5FQQ, Jan who supplied the updated file!)
- The line thickness for the compass can be changed!
Changes from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6...
- Now you can plot two different locator files with different
colour, hatching and transparency (one for worked and one for
- Plotting now accepts 4 character locators (JP83 or JP83PE are
plotted the same way)
I am a hobby programmer and made the program as a
- Borders, coastlines, rivers, lakes can be added
- Text and lines can be partly transparent and in the colour of your
The program is made with the Codeblocks IDE and
MINGW compiler. The framework is WxWidgets.
The original program was
written in Visual Basic 3 and is still available on the download pages. It
is quite outdated now.
I am an radio amateur since 1973 and like Cw
and digital modes like PSK31 and RTTY.
The old website reached 120000 visitors. Here at qsl.net you are visitor nr