Part of the homosexuality page of Dr.
Note: I myself am an
atheist, but as a
former Christian, I think it is very important to explain why it is, indeed,
possible to be both gay and Christian. I have seen too many people suffer
from the illusion that this is not so.
at Saint John's Cathedral. Bruce Bawer delivers a touching sermon at
a church in Colorado.
The Catholic Church and the Homosexual: Alone Again, Naturally. Dr. Andrew Sullivan explains why the Catholic position on homosexuality is untenable.
Assault on Gay America: What the Bible Says, a presentation from the American Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) on Bible-based views of homosexuality.
Radical Experiences in Faith: Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Catholics with a vast amount of high-quality
- Dispelling the Myth, a careful analysis of the Bible verses (and their main Hebrew and Greek words) used in condemning homosexuality, by the Rev. Bob Ellis.
Bible Should Not Be Used to Condemn Homosexuality, a strong criticism,
by means of a careful analysis of Bible texts, of attempts to deem homosexuality
at odds with Christianity. By the Rev. Dr. Walter Wink, Professor of Biblical Interpretation at Auburn Theological Seminary in NYC.
- A Defense Theory: An Analysis of Six Critical Texts Used To Condemn Homosexuality, by Royce Buehler. It is argued that the prohibition in Lev. 18 and 20 refers to acts of male temple prostitution rather than to homosexual acts in general.
- Homosexuality and the Bible: A Case Study in the Use of the Bible for Ethics, by Dr. Loren L. Johns, Associate Professor of Religion, Bluffton College. A presentation of different arguments about what the Bible has to say about homosexuality.
- Drs. Brock and Hertzog discuss homosexuality: two scholars with different interpretations of the message of the Bible with reference to homosexuality.
- Christianity and homosexuality, a competent discussion of the relevant issues by Jeramy Townsley.
- Scripture and Homosexuality, a good bibliography of pro- and anti-gay articles in the field of biblical interpretation.
and the "Unnaturalness Argument", a well-reasoned essay by Burton M.
Leiser, which shows that the common argument that homosexuality is "unnatural"
and therefore wrong is not acceptable.
- Platonic Love in a Colorado Courtroom: Martha Nussbaum, John
Finnis, and Plato's Laws in Romer v. Evans by Randall B. Clark: on how Plato regards the morality of homosexuality in Laws. Published in the Yale Journal of Law & the
Humanities (Vol. 12, No. 1; Winter 2000, pp. 1-38).
Marriage, and Christian values: on why homosexuals should be included
into the Christian church.
- Same-Sex Unions? A Gay Christian Perspective by Andrew G. Lang of the United Church of Christ.
A Common Bond,
a social/support group for gay, lesbian, bisexual & transgender former and current Jehovah's Witnesses. If you are Swedish, you can come into contact with a Swedish representative for the organization by clicking here.
Concerned, a network of evangelical Christians devoted to proclaiming
that homosexuality is no hinder for being a true Christian. Many good book
reviews and insightful essays.
an on-line magazine for gay, lesbian, and bisexual Christians, with articles
on many relevant subjects.
The Cathedral of Hope, the biggest gay and lesbian church in the world, located in Dallas, TX. I have been there and know that it is a wonderful place!
Soulforce, the site of the Rev. Mel White, Minister of Justice and former "Christian Right" author.
Preacher's Son, an autobiography by Marc Adams, who grew up in
a Baptist home and attended Liberty University, a conservative Christian
college. He tells about his struggle with his homosexual feelings, how
he thought he had been changed into a heterosexual, and how he finally
came out as a gay man to his family. Highly recommended reading!
Jesus: How Fundamentalism Betrays Christianity, an interview with
Bruce Bawer on Christianity and gay life.
GayChristian.Net, a resource page for gay Christians.
an Internet site with many a good resource for the gay Christian.
- EKHO, för dig som är kristen homo- eller bisexuell i Sverige, med lokalavdelningar i Stockholm, Göteborg och Uppsala och med en jourtelefon.
och bejakande av homosexuell samlevnad - går det att förena?
av Lars Arnell, präst i Svenska kyrkan
argument för kristet bejakande av homosexualitet, en kort uppsats
av Dr. Niclas Berggren där argumentet är att bibeltroende kristna
bör acceptera homosexualitet.